Phi Phi Islands
One of the most popular tours in Phuket is a day trip to Koh Phi Phi, a group of islands in Krabi province which gained worldwide fame when it provided the location for the fictional Movie “The Beach” starring Leonardo DiCaprio. It is one of the most picturesque places on earth with white sand beaches, clear blue water, hidden lagoons with towering limestone cliffs and some of the world’s best dive sites. A typical day trip to Koh Phi Phi involves numerous stop offs on beautiful tropical islands, snorkeling opportunities with fabulous species of tropical fish, a trip to Maya Bay the location of The Beach and lunch at Kho Phi Phi Don, the largest and most inhabited of the Phi Phi Islands.
James Bond Island
Imagine yourself as James Bond about to discover the secret hideaway of your arch nemesis. This is exactly what you can experience at James Bond Island or Ko Tapu as it is known in Thai. This island was given its name after scenes from the 1974 James Bond’s movie’ The Man with the Golden Gun’ were filmed here. Nowadays, it is one of the top Phuket tours and is inundated with tourists on all sides, who crowd onto speedboats, long tail boats or larger cruisers to catch a glimpse of the iconic ‘tooth shaped’ jagged limestone cliff sticking up from the clear lagoon waters. Most James Bond Island Tours will be combined with other marine based activities in the Phang Nga Bay National Park
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay is an area of outstanding natural beauty and one of the most popular tours in Phuket, leaving visitors spellbound by dramatic scenic views of hundreds of limestone cliffs rising over the sea. Most itineraries include a James Bond Island Tour as well as a sea canoeing tour exploring sea caves and their interior lagoons. Another popular sightseeing tour in Phang Nga Bay is to Koh Panyee, the iconic Floating Sea Gypsy village.
Experience many tropical paradise islands located just off-shore and less than 30 minutes away by speedboat. With names Like Coral Island, Koh Khai, Coconut Island and Koh Racha they offer world class white sand beaches, crystal clear waters and an abundance of coral and marine life that is the envy of the world over.
Tachai Island is one of the most beautiful Islands in South Thailand, is situated between Similan and Surin National Marine Parks, 135 km north-west of Phuket and 70 km west of Khao Lak. It is known as the Maldives of Thailand with wonderful quiet white sandy beaches and stunning crystal clear waters the snorkel sites around the Island are one of the most amazing coral reefs.
Highlights of Tachai Island
- “Chicken Crabs” a hero of the island. This crab is a large freshwater crabs who live along the He cried like a crab named Kai.
- White sandy beach and crystal clear blue waters.
- It is considered to be one of the best diving and snorkeling sites in Thailand. It has beautiful corals with many large fish. The easiest way is to buy One day trip from the tour. Tour companies will have a van pick up from hotel in the morning to the port of Ban Nam Khem – Thap Lamu pier province of Phang Nga from the pier to Koh Ta Chai boat speed boat takes one hour and a half – two hours long. Distance 85 km, and the evening was a van came back to the hotel.
How to go… Good to know before you go.
1. Tachai island open in 1st November until 15 th May in every year.
2. National Marine Park is not open to stay overnight on the island.